Solved: Don't know how to answer where distribution came f...

Don't know how to answer where distribution came from

I receive a public safety pension from California.  Most of last year I lived in Nevada, moving to Arizona in September.  When entering my 1099 info, it asks where the distribution came from.  Do I mark public safety?  or is that only if it is from and AZ public safety pension.  I have never been asked this before so it is confusing.

Also, what do I put in the AZ distribution amount?  None because it's not from AZ or just the 4 months we lived in AZ in 2019

Yes, choose retired Public Safety Officer when you enter your 1099-R in your Federal return. 

It doesn't matter that your pension is from California; it belongs to the state you reside in. 

Since you moved from Nevada to Arizona in 2019, you will file a Part-Year Resident State Return to Arizona.

You are correct that you will Allocate the % between the two states you lived in (66% to Nevada, 33% to Arizona).

Click this link for more info on How to file a Part-Year Resident Return