rajcmj0918

Do I need to file a nonresident return for another state due to receiving a distribution from a former employer's retirement plan in the other state?

The former employer is in MO.  I live in KS and filed non-resident MO return when I worked in MO.  I have lived and worked in KS for over 10 years since working in MO.  The 1099-R shows that the payer is from MO.  Do I file a MO nonresident return for this distribution from a former employer from MO?

RichardG

No, you only need to report wages earned working in a nonresident state.  Your retirement income is only taxable in your home state, regardless of where your former employer is located.

RichardG