Do I need to add my 1099-B to my state taxes, or does it carry over from federal? Or do I need the 1099-B on the state forms at all?

I'm amending my federal and state taxes for 2014, one reason being that a 1099-B and a 1099-Div need to be added. The 1099-B is for the sale of 32 shares of common stock. I've added them in the Federal without issue, and it appears that the amount for the 1099-Div transferred to the state forms but the 1099-B did not. Should I enter it manually, or did it transfer without me knowing, or do I not need it at all in the state section? I'm in Massachusetts; however, I'm hoping this is merely a general state question about income and stock sales.

If you amended your federal return to add a Form 1099-B and Form 1099-DIV, you don't need to make any separate entries in the amendment process for MA. You just need to complete the amendment interview and reviews/checks.

State returns (including amended ones) are prepared using inputs to the federal return; the state interview will address any necessary adjustments or changes from what was entered for the federal return but rarely, if ever, require any new entries.

Depending on the amounts involved (1099-DIV and 1099-B), it is entirely possible that the changes had no effect on your MA tax liability.