Solved: Do I list Investment Earnings on a 457 account? I am not retired and do not draw from this account until I do retire? If so, what section do I list this?

Do I list Investment Earnings on a 457 account? I am not retired and do not draw from this account until I do retire? If so, what section do I list this?

Earnings within the tax-deferred account do not get reported on the return. 

The only thing that matters is when you put money in it (reflected on the W-2 entry) or take money out of it (then a 1099R is issued to you). 

The 457 plan is a type of nonqualified, tax-advantaged deferred-compensation retirement plan that is available for governmental and certain non-governmental employers in the United States. The employer provides the plan and the employee defers compensation into it on a pre-tax basis.