Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Disallowed wash sale amount is zero, should be blank. I change it but it refills with zero??? help 1099-B worksheet. I can't efile without this being corrected

I cannot correct "disallowed wash sale amt". msg: Accrued market discount should not be 0. Enter blank if entire loss is disallowed. I blank it out but it repopulates.    This was not a wash sale. bought in July sold in december.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
scotthwerden
Returning Member

Disallowed wash sale amount is zero, should be blank. I change it but it refills with zero??? help 1099-B worksheet. I can't efile without this being corrected

I get the same thing. It is a bug in TT. Very annoying. The whole thing is very buggy this year. I think I can fix it in the print-out, which means I will have to print and send to IRS and cannot electronically file it. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@papawpetty @scotthwerden 

You can't correct the problem in Smart Check where it displays the error message. You have to go back to where the sale was entered under Investment Income > Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other. Edit the sale and delete the wash sale loss amount, leaving the box blank. That will eliminate the error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies