Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Covid disaster distribution

I took a covid disaster distribution in 2020 and claimed 1/3 of the amount in tax years 2020, 2021, and 2022.  So all taxes have been paid and it should no longer be a part of my return in 2023.  Please see picture below.  It says "Select Yes if you need to report 1/3 of the amount of your distribution from a prior year." So I should select no because I do not need to report 1/3, correct?

The question contradicts itself.   I should select yes because I did take a distribution in 2020 but I also should select no because I do not need to report 1/3 of the amount of my distribution .

Cadfe.JPG

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.  There may also be a "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions" and/or a "2020 Disaster Distribution" form listed that has to be deleted.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer, click on Forms.

When in Forms mode locate these forms on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to open each one and at the bottom of the screen click on Delete Form

If you are using the TurboTax online editions -

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

@DoninGA Those forms have been deleted but it still asks this question.  So I should select No because I do not need to report 1/3, correct?  Thanks for your help.

Correct.  Answer NO.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies