Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Colorado Additions to Federal Adjusted Gross Income

My daughter moved to CO in June, 2023.  In 2023 a profit sharing plan from a former employer closed and she received a 1099-R 'distribution' that the plan rolled over to a new IRA for her.  She was NOT taxed on this on her 1040.  Does she need to declare this as a 'CO addition to Federal AGI?  

Advice from Turbo Tax : (which wasn't clear enough to me)

"Part-Year Residents: Enter any non-Colorado state or local bond interest you earned while a Colorado resident, and any lump-sum distributions from a pension or profit-sharing plan you received while a Colorado resident. Do not include any state income tax deduction addback."

Leave out or add in on CO return?

Thank you for your help.

Diane

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It's a rollover, not received income.  The 1099-R needs to be reported on the federal return but it is not taxable if you indicate it was a rollover.  It's not a Colorado addition.   (If she had kept the money, so that it was a taxable withdrawal, then whether it was Colorado income would depend on where she was living when she got the money.  But this is not income because it is a rollover and not a withdrawal.)

Thank you, Opus 17!  I was hoping that was the case, but the explanation in the Colorado instruction book left it too much to additional interpretation for me.  

Diane

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies