turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DN77
Returning Member

Capital Asset Sales Wksht : Adjustment Code

Trouble resolving error, review claims "Adjustment code(s) should not have an entry when a disallowed WASH sale amount is entered.  Remove the disallowed WASH sale amount and include the adjustment here, or remove this manually entered adjustment code.  

I've performed this on the worksheet and yet the form will not update.  I'm not aware of how to correct the form error if it will not update.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Entering investment sales in forms mode is very complicated and error-prone. That's why TurboTax strongly recommends using the Step-by-Step interview to enter investment sales. Try entering your sales in the interview and see if that eliminates the problem.

DN77
Returning Member

Thank you for your response, the step-by-step was utilized as the base format.  Forms are used for trouble-shooting any errors.

Hoping for some assist within the data entry that can remove the error reporting.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I tried this in TurboTax Premier in Windows. I had no trouble correcting the error. The worksheet updated immediately. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. Are you using Windows or Mac?

You might have to call TurboTax support about why the worksheet doesn't update.

@DN77 wrote:

the step-by-step was utilized as the base format.  Forms are used for trouble-shooting any errors.

I don't think there is any way that the Step-by-Step interview could have made the conflicting entries that caused the error. You must have entered something on the worksheet.

DN77
Returning Member

thank you for the response, Yes I did the step by step, though these forms were imported, which is most-likely the difference.  using Windows 11 pro, and I'll look at running the step-by-step with keying the data in myself.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Is this the problem you are having? It's a bug that they know about and are working on.

Why are my wash sales importing from my financial institution with adjustment code N instead of code...

DN77
Returning Member

Thank You!!!  this is the trouble I'm experiencing.  I've submitted for the updates, or I'll seek other work-arounds.

DN77
Returning Member

For all that have found the same trouble, I finally removed those entries where I imported the forms, once I removed them, I ran through the step-by-step and manually entered the fields.  ERRORS are gone...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies