Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marharr

Can you correct figures posted on 1040 2018 tax form that are twice what is listed on my 1099 Div form?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Can you correct figures posted on 1040 2018 tax form that are twice what is listed on my 1099 Div form?

Yes, but how you fix it depends on whether or not you have already filed.  If you have not filed (and your return mailed or accepted), you can sign into your TurboTax account and go to the Interest and Dividend summary page and delete one of the 1099-DIV that has been duplicated.  To update or delete information you imported or entered in TurboTax Online, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return by selecting Pick up where I left off from the home screen.
  2. From the left side menu, select Federal and then select Wages & Income.
  3. Scroll down to the Interest and Dividends section.
  4. Select the Edit button next to the item you would like to update or delete.

Here is another option if the form has been duplicated.  How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

If you have already filed, then you will need to file an amended tax return to update your 1040.  If it lowers your tax, which it probably will, you will get an additional refund check about 12 weeks after mailing the amendment.  Your original return will be processed normally.  

How to amend a previously filed tax return in TurboTax

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Yes, but how you fix it depends on whether or not you have already filed.  If you have not filed (and your return mailed or accepted), you can sign into your TurboTax account and go to the Interest and Dividend summary page and delete one of the 1099-DIV that has been duplicated.  To update or delete information you imported or entered in TurboTax Online, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return by selecting Pick up where I left off from the home screen.
  2. From the left side menu, select Federal and then select Wages & Income.
  3. Scroll down to the Interest and Dividends section.
  4. Select the Edit button next to the item you would like to update or delete.

Here is another option if the form has been duplicated.  How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

If you have already filed, then you will need to file an amended tax return to update your 1040.  If it lowers your tax, which it probably will, you will get an additional refund check about 12 weeks after mailing the amendment.  Your original return will be processed normally.  

How to amend a previously filed tax return in TurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies