Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rbidwll3

Can the early withdrawal be removed? I did not have any early withdrawal, all of my income on my 1099R is for military retirement.

I may have made a mistake, of entering info, How do I fix it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Can the early withdrawal be removed? I did not have any early withdrawal, all of my income on my 1099R is for military retirement.

Assuming you have not already e-filed your return you can navigate back to the "Retirement>Pension...1099R" topic and "Edit" the 1099R in question.  Typically, the box 7 for a military retirement will be code 7, if your form shows something different you should contact the issuer to get clarification.   Additionally, after entering the form information and continuing you will arrive at page asking if the plan is qualified or non-qualified.  A military retirement is non-qualified.

If you have already e-filed you will need to wait.  First you are looking for either an acceptance or rejection notification. If you get a rejection you will have the opportunity to correct whatever caused the rejection but also you can make any other changes that are needed such as the 1099R update.

If you get an acceptance you will need to wait for your return to be processed  (i.e. refund deposited) and then complete and file an amendment.  At sign in, you would select the "Amend" option and follow the prompts to complete the process.  You have up to three years after the original due date to amend to request a refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies