Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can someone please take a look at my W-2 and 1099-R to help me decrease the amount of federal taxes owed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can someone please take a look at my W-2 and 1099-R to help me decrease the amount of federal taxes owed.

@anthony-noya-md 

1) no one on this board can see your documents

2) not sure what you mean - you must ensure that the documents are entered into Turbo Tax just as they are presented to you.

what are you really asking? 

Are you asking about having taxes withheld from these?

No one can look at any of your documents.   Are you asking about documents you are presently entering into the software to prepare a tax return, or are you really trying to figure out how much tax you should be withholding in the future to avoid owing at tax time?  There is a tool you can use to prepare a new W-4 for your employer that can affect how much you have withheld from your W-2 job:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-withholding-estimator

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

And....for your 1099R--- can you tell us more----without any of your personal information----about how much you are having withheld when you take out distributions?   Or----are you receiving pension money without any tax being withheld yet?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Are you trying to reduce the amount of tax that you owe for 2021, or for 2022? Once you have gotten the W-2 and the 1099-R, the year is already over and it's too late to do much to reduce your tax.

If you are talking about 2022, are you trying to reduce the total amount of tax that you have to pay, or the amount that is being withheld from your pay and your 1099-R?

What is the 1099-R for? Is it a pension, IRA distributions, 401(k), etc.? Is it your own plan, or something you inherited?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies