turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wsemk

Can I use my existing 2015 software to do a rough draft for 2016? Of course I won't do the 2016 files until I've received all of the necessary 2016 information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I use my existing 2015 software to do a rough draft for 2016? Of course I won't do the 2016 files until I've received all of the necessary 2016 information.

Yes you can save your 2015 return with another name and then test in the copy.  Do not use your real 2015 return.  Go to File-Save As

You will still have to enter it all again when you get the 2016 program.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes you can save your 2015 return with another name and then test in the copy.  Do not use your real 2015 return.  Go to File-Save As

You will still have to enter it all again when you get the 2016 program.

Or just start a new turn.  Go to File-New.  There is also a What-If worksheet you can use.  Find it by going into Forms mode (click Forms in upper right) and search in the U.S. Listing of forms on the right.  I think it's near the bottom of the list.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies