As a retiree, I receive monthly payments from my United Nations' pension. Don't get a 1099-R. What should I answer on Box 7?

As the United Nations Pension Fund doesn't send me a 1099-R form, if I try to input the information on the section for 1099-R, I can't go further as I don't know what to answer on box 7. Also, UNPF doesn't inform me which is the taxable amount. Please, help.

Thanks!

Eleana

You don't need to create a substitute 1099-R for your foreign pension.  Delete the 1099-R you have created and enter it as "Other Income."  (Instructions are below.)  The end tax result will be identical to the results you achieve with the substitute 1099-R.

To enter your foreign pension on your return, follow the instructions below:

• Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • Even though the screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC", this is where you will enter the description "Foreign Pension" and the amount you received.