turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edimarro

After the deductions and the COVID relief, my taxable income should be closer to 18,000 but it shows up as 31,000 w/ deduction looking like -8000. Help? I'm confused

If I am wrong about the total taxable income, definitely let me know or explain! I am just suprised how different my total income came out and how it's like I didnt have deductions or the unemployment relief
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

After the deductions and the COVID relief, my taxable income should be closer to 18,000 but it shows up as 31,000 w/ deduction looking like -8000. Help? I'm confused

Exactly which lines don't you understand?  

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

Did you get unemployment?  Turbo Tax is updated for the 10,200 exemption.  You don't have to do anything special to get it.  It is automatic.  Just enter the full amount on your 1099G.  Your unemployment compensation will be on Schedule 1 line 7.  The exclusion will be on Schedule 1 Line 8 as a negative number. The result flows to Form 1040 Line 8.

edimarro

I did get unemployment and it says that the 10,200 was added to the account on previous pages but when reviewing it has my amount they start with as about 28,000, then the deduction is -8000, and then it states amount taxed by New York as about 31,000. It is almost as though no standard deductions were taken off and somehow 3,000 was added to my income so I have a higher amount in tax that I owe. That is what I am confused about

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies