turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I only hire 1099 contractors. If I get a foreigner that would be visiting the US to work for me temporarily or seasonal, do they fill out a 1099 or something similar?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I only hire 1099 contractors. If I get a foreigner that would be visiting the US to work for me temporarily or seasonal, do they fill out a 1099 or something similar?

Solved in comments.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What type of Visa does the foreigner have?

Your screen name suggests that you are an accounting firm, so I'm surprised you are asking this of the public.
Foreigners who are here on a tourist visa cannot work.

I'm sitting here having a debate with someone and this was confirmation. That foreigners who didn't have a regular visa couldn't work. Thanks!

Solved in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies