Skip to main content
Level 2
June 3, 2019
Solved

1099R from inherited Roth BDA

  • June 3, 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 43 views

I received a 1099R from Fidelity for an inherited BDA account.  The account I inherited was a Roth IRA held for many years.  My understanding is that the required distribution is not taxable.  What are the correct entries in Turbotax for this situation?

Best answer by fanfare
the correct entries are the distribution code shown in box 7.on the 1099-R
this should result in no taxation.

2 replies

fanfare
fanfareAnswer
Level 15
June 3, 2019
the correct entries are the distribution code shown in box 7.on the 1099-R
this should result in no taxation.
Level 2
April 4, 2020

I am beside myself.  I have used TT in the past.  This year I took out 20,000 from an inherited Roth IRA.  Marked it correctly in TT.  Filed my taxes and realized afterwards that TT has me paying tax on that distribution.  What do I do now?