turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-R - Turbo Tax questions don't match 1099-R Form

After entering my 1099-R information into TurboTax - (I had a distribution in 2020 and had state and federal taxes withheld), the next screen said "Let's Verify This Entry" for the state withholding.  The data I had entered came forward accurately - the State, State ID and Amount Withheld were accurate, BUT the screen indicated the State and State ID on my 1099-R was in Box 13 but it was in Box 15 on my form.  The screen also indicated the Amount Withheld was in Box 12 but on my 1099-R the amount withheld was in Box 14.

I don't think this is huge problem, but either my custodian's 1099-R form is wrong or the TT software is wrong.  Anybody know whose issue this is?  Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Same issue: watching!!

@Teemoe @dturnidge 

There is a follow-up confirmation page that mislabels those boxes. 

TTX has been informed and is working to correct box numbers showing.    In the meantime, you only need to match the "subject" of each box to the $$ being displayed.....they are numbered properly in the background worksheet.

Ignoring the mis-labelled box #s,  there is an "X" the checkbox at the bottom of the page where they want you to confirm  values being displayed....as long as the "subject" and values are ok...you can check the box

BUT...IF you are uncomfortable clicking that box now, wait a week or 2, or 3, and run thru it again every Friday until the box numbers are corrected on that verification page.  (software updates occur on Wed or Thurs evenings, so it's useless to check every day).

1099R_Interview_Boxes.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies