Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-R retired Veteran. I cannot upload it under W2 and under 1099-R the financial institutes available to choose are for Defense Financing. where do I uplaod this form?

where do I upload this for umder? as a W2 or 1099-R but the list of financial instutes are not for defense finance. what do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1099-R retired Veteran. I cannot upload it under W2 and under 1099-R the financial institutes available to choose are for Defense Financing. where do I uplaod this form?

@con2160813 

Your form is a 1099-R...it is NOT a W-2  (though in the first year of retirement, you may alos have a W-2).

Make sure you keep those forms separate....in their own areas.

Thousands of Providers do not have the special import files that are required for an easy import, and are not listed.

SO you still load it in the 1099-R area, but you enter it manually.

When you go into the 1099-R area, and you select the 1099-R form, you will be able to select a link to "Type it in Myself"    then manually enter the data from your 1099-R on the pages that follow.

On the Provider page, where the various Payers are listed,

1)  go to the bottom of the page and select "Change how I enter my form"

and on the next page

2) Select...."Type it in myself"

____

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies