Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-R in-puts

Using Business Turbo Tax.  I am inputting 1099-R income and cannot find a place to input Federal and State Income tax withholdings.  Looking at the worksheets there is no where to input Fed and State tax withholdings. 

How do I do this? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

1099-R in-puts

A form 1099-R is not entered on a Business tax return. 1065, 1120 or a 1120-S  It is only entered on a personal tax return, form 1040.

dmertz
Level 15

1099-R in-puts

@DoninGA , perhaps this is in regard to preparing a Form 1041.

1099-R in-puts

Correct.  On a Form 1041, distributions reported on a Form1099-R, which are treated as ordinary income, would be entered on Line 8 of the 1041.  Any federal income taxes withheld would be reported on Line 14 of the 1041 and a copy of the Form 1099-R is required to be attached.

According to the TurboTax website for the Business Edition, a Form 1099-R is not one of the forms supported.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/cd-download/#tax-forms

dmertz
Level 15

1099-R in-puts

This doesn't come up very often because it rarely makes sense to have taxes withheld on income paid to an estate or trust.  Enter federal tax withholding under FEDERAL TAXES -> Other -> Additional Tax Payments -> Other Tax Withholdings.  I'm sure that there is a similar place to enter the state tax withholding in the state section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies