Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the deal Turbo Tax cant you work with the IRS to fix this issue in getting our stimulus refund????????

I have done everything it seems everyone has here as far as i already received my 2019 tax return already it was direct deposited to my debit card green dot account. I had a fee taken out from turbo tax and they deducted it from my account however when i look at my account it shows not deduction or incoming credit from Santa Barbara bank as i did not do any advance so why would it go to another temp account ????

Especially when on on the 1040 form that was e filed to the IRS so says Turbo Tax. Why has no one from Turbo Tax explained this situation and contacted IRS??

When i go to the IRS Stimulus Portal it states" You are eligible but we do not have you bank account info" then i click enter bank info and it comes up with error " Technical Difficulties" since the site started. 

IRS should have my 1040 form as others with our banking info and why cant Turbo Tax explain in more detail or the IRS on this issue instead it seems the only answer is your Direct Deposit may have been returned to the IRS and you will get a mailed check.  I know others are getting that message i am not as i explained when you pay a fee to turbo tax does it go to another account temporarily ?? Did only people who did Free edition  with Turbo Tax receive it on their card?? Again no advance just a fee to turbo tax 1040 form with correct bank info via Green  Dot given to IRS via E Filed. Please Turbo Tax any help to answer these questions besides " if it was rejected by bank it will be emailed". The account i have is active. Thank you

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What is the deal Turbo Tax cant you work with the IRS to fix this issue in getting our stimulus refund????????

According to news articles, the IRS is aware of the problem and is working with Green Dot, Santa Barbra Bank and other banks that many tax companies (not just TurboTax) use.   The issue is between the banks and the IRS.  Tax software companies are not banks, and have no direct involvement in the problem.  No money or refunds are ever processed or handled by tax software companies.  Once the tax return is sent to the IRS, the tax software company is totally out of the loop and have no ability to remedy the problem.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I've also been shut out of the stimulus system completely, and I'm reading something completely different in every news article.

TurboTax never passed along customers' account numbers for direct deposit when you paid for their service out of your refund.  It goes to temporary accounts held by TT, they deduct their fee, THEN pass it on to the customer.  The IRS is never given you bank number because it has to go thru TT first.

Here's a handful of news stories stating this: 

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronav[product key removed]lus-check/

US News & World Report: https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-04-17/why-you-still-havent-gotten-your-coron...

USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/17/coronavirus-stimulus-ch[product key removed]ng-money...

All of the money was sent to account #'s set up by TT, most of which were temporary and don't even exist anymore.  Its a fuster cluck and NO ONE at TT is saying squat about it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies