turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax screwed over its "customers"!!!

Thank you TurboTax for not being smart enough to overcome and take care of loyal customers with the stimulus "glitch" haha. Your ignorance and lack of leadership in these desperate and troubling times has showed your true colors. I will never use a product by your company ever again and I hope and pray you go bankrupt and die a long slow death from this Pandemic! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Mine says it was accepted on 4/19/2020 I received my TurboTax debit card but still waiting for the money what's going on.

I also got a received date April. 18 and another date may 14 at the moment i e filed. I got the card but mo refund or stimulus. I am still on the 1st stage. This makes no sense. Turbo get it together. What so bad you can't even get snyo r on the phone

I received my stimulus thru turbo tax but not my dependents 

james1022b
Returning Member

Something went very wrong with my state return that turbo tax submitted.  I received a letter instructing me to forward my W-2 forms.  This was completed in March and I have not received my New York State tax return.

Just a thought...

Sometimes things just happen. No thing, system, philosophy, etc. created by people is perfect. We're all flawed citizens in a flawed world.

A couple of years ago TurboTax made some mistakes in how all returns in my state calculated state income tax. I actually heard about it from TurboTax before before the state notified me of errors. TurboTax had already worked it out with the state to cover all penalties that individual taxpayers might have incurred. I did owe more to the state, but only the tax itself. I was disappointed that I had to come up with the money when I didn't expect it, but I think TT handled it pretty well.

In my trade business I've learned that everyone in every trade makes mistakes. Assuming mistakes don't become the constant expectation for a given workman, company, etc., what sets the best apart from the rest is the way the mistakes are handled. Those who own up to mistakes and correct them deserve continued patronage.

I address these comments to both the previous posters and to TurboTax. Customers need to learn that a little kindness and a touch of forgiveness go a long way. Vendors (i.e. TT) should never forget just how important service to every individual is. After all, we as customers, buy goods & services primarily for our own needs, not so company metrics will meet targets.

At the risk of getting too "preachy," the current culture in the U.S. has everyone so focused on self, the whole idea that we are all neighbors to each other is getting lost. I'm just sayin'...

BTW, I don't mean to belittle the difficulty anyone experienced because of the issues mentioned in this thread. I hope everything has worked out for each of you.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

"I received a letter instructing me to forward my W-2 forms."

This generally happens when the W-2 information that you entered and which was sent to the tax authority does not match the copies of the W-2s that the tax authority received from the employer(s).

The issue is often because there is a mismatch in the amount of withholding specified (for a state, box 17 on the W-2).

So if you typed in the wrong amount and TurboTax sent it to New York, or if you had more than one W-2 and one of them wasn't sent by the employer to New York, or any of a large number of possibilities, the State may ask you for copies of your documents to double check things.

In nearly all cases, this is not the result of an error by TurboTax.

"This was completed in March and I have not received my New York State tax return."

The processing of your refund is totally in the hands of the tax authority in New York. Given the current situation, it should not be a surprise that some things are taking longer.

We wish you a speedy refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies