Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax Stimulus Question

Cool thank you I'll check it out. I was estimating online but plan on buying the desktop program

In the online version I used last weekend, there were NO BOXES to put the amounts received in. No I've e-filed, and there's nothing I can do until the IRS rejects my filing. What a mess, Turbotax!

There were no spaces in the online version I used last weekend, only two questions: 1. Did you receive the 1st payment of $1200,  2. Did you receive the 2nd payment of $1200? Yes, No buttons on both, then a Next Page button to click on. I ended up with $1200 on Line 30 that migrated to Line 32, and added $1200 to my refund. Thank you (NOT!) Turbotax.

The online version wasn't like what you're describing last weekend. There were NO BOXES to enter amounts into. I am a Mac User using Google Chrome to access the net.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Don't know why you didn't get the boxes in the online version. But in the Desktop CD/Download program you did have to update the program.  It was in a recent update.

I was filing JOINTLY, and it didn't  ask about our stimulas payments. Online filing. Mac User. No boxes on the form I saw, just references to two payments of $1200.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, I think.

Must be something with your system then I've done it on multiple different computers and get the boxes every time online.  I also updated the CD/Software and get them as well.

This is what the online program looks like.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 3.38.30 PM.png

If you saw something different, none of the volunteers here will be able to explain it.  You may missed a screen, or maybe there was a program error. 

The stimulus law gave the IRS the ability to correct mistakes with the stimulus credit as mathematical errors.  that means they can correct the amount on line 30 (add more money or take it away) without needing to send you a letter or ask for an amended return.  

Since e-filing is not open yet at the IRS, we don't know if returns with EIP mistakes will be rejected, or will be accepted and then corrected by the IRS.  We have to wait and see.

Thanks for the info, I know what I’m hoping for!

I am using TurboTax Online. I answered the stimulus questions improperly. How can I get back to them to correct my answers?

Thanks.

Doug

I found it!

Doug

rbranch12

The account number that they have my stimulus money going to is different from my account number that i have put on file when i filled out my taxes on 2/12/2021

rbranch12

can someone please reach out to me at [phone number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies