turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Too much conflicting info!

Ok TT, there are people actually receiving stimulus payments FROM the IRS. Yet your community bots  are still posting-

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details."

There have been TurboCard users receiving them and other's being told that they aren't. There are obviously guidelines laid out concerning this issue. Most of us are loyal customers that have been using your services for YEARS. Please give us a clear update and possibly provide us a tool to determine that if we chose the Intuit Turbo Card, (Provided by Green Dot, a member of the FDIC), whether or not we qualify to receive our CARES Act payment on said card or if we are ultimately put in a predicament where we will actually have to wait. Knowing this info would put a lot of us at ease. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Your absolutely right ! Chime and current bank has received payments from the government. Patients is a virtue but c'mon @turbotax ?? You guys are supposed to stay on top of this... It's ok, I still love you guys.. Get it together though.

Same! First year I decided to do the Turbocard...I ALWAYS get it just DD to my bank account but it said I qualified for a advance on my tax return, so I did it. Then it said I was denied after the fact.... so I was stuck with the card. Now I'm seriously needing the money and so lost on whether I will get it DD to my turbo card or have to wait months for a paper check. I cant find anywhere to just update my DD information, unless I havent already filed my taxes. I just want a straight answer and it seem like it is too much to ask....

@Fyrebug23 What you should do is check your most recent 1040 from your taxes, line 21b & 21d should have your Routing & Account number that the IRS was going to be using to send you your refund. If these numbers match the routing and accounting the direct deposit information that Intuit sent you when they sent your card, then you should be getting your CARES Act money on that card.

This is what I've gathered through everything I've seen/read. I am no expert. 

Fyrebug, that was the best answer I've seen so far and you're not even a tax pro by admission. I am so confused as to why this question is so difficult for TT to answer.  I paid $100 bucks to use this simple software to efile and now I can't even get an answer from an expert as I was promised when I purchased the upgrade.  Now all of us chumps won't have the peace of mind that we would have if we didn't use your broken service.  Shame. 

That is part of what I have heard, but I've also read that people who got the card have called TT and been told those who had their return sent to the TurboCard will get a paper check. Which doesn't make sense, since the card is like a e-checking account, with it's own routing and account number. But all TT will say here is they are waiting on an answer from the IRS. Money is already going out to people, so why is it so hard to give the rest of us a straight answer. Especially when we have paid money for the services.  Just frustrated and confused in this chaos going on. Some form of stability would be nice. 

Hows this so aj chime banks is Bancorp's banks same as varo I haven't gotten mine

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Here is some helpful information and links regarding the stimulus payments:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies