Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

David455
Returning Member

Stimulus check

Hi guys, I do not live in USA now, but i did in 2018 and I was working back then. 

Do i have rights for any stimulus checks? Some of my friends got the check directly to other countries by the post office, they didnt really expect it. They also worked only in 2018, and then they moved out from USA.

The thing is i changed the adress again so I have no clue if i got any mail with checks or not?

If you know how can I check that, or have any informations about the topic please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Stimulus check

Are you at expat? U.S. citizens and residents living overseas are entitled to stimulus payments. You’ll have to file a 2020 income tax return to claim the first two payments as a Recovery Rebate Credit. The third payment is being sent automatically.

Generally, if you were a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien in 2020, were not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a Social Security number that is valid for employment, you are eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit.  Your credit amount will be reduced if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than: 

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals filing as a single or as married filing separately.  

Your payment will be reduced by 5% of the amount by which your AGI exceeds the applicable threshold above.

You are not eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit if any of the following applies:

• You may be claimed as a dependent on another taxpayer’s 2020 return (for example, a child or student who may be claimed on a parent’s return or a dependent parent who may be claimed on an adult child’s return).
  • You do not have a Social Security number that is valid for employment issued before the due date of your 2020 tax return (including extensions). Some exceptions apply for those who file married filing jointly where only one spouse must have a valid Social Security number to claim RRC.
  • You are a nonresident alien.

**Click on the thumb icon for cheers
**"Mark as Best Answer" if the post answers your question

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies