Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stimulus Check for "Your Spouse as a dependent"

This is taking obnoxiously long. Are they just hoping we forget about it?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/spouse-claimed-as-a-dependent-box-checked-on-2019-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah, why are you sending it to me again when I just complained about there not being any new updates?

@desposito89 Multiple users have posted to this thread.  And quite often users post to existing threads without reading the whole thread.  So sorry if you are offended that the FAQ about this issue was posted again.  We are volunteers.  We do not control TurboTax or the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh, so you responded to my post with something that wasn’t mean for me? Interesting.

desposito89 I have yet to see you actually do something other than complain about turbotax.  Contact BBB for the 20th time and get a response from the presidents office.  They are apparently talking with the IRS, but timing of course is not great for this.  I strongly suggest any one that has this issue to file a complaint. In the mean time, be decent to one another. 

How would you know what I have or haven’t done? I posted about this on Reddit and have brought this to a lot of people’s attention. How do you know I haven’t done that already? Others have tried it and it didn’t work. I’m going to keep complaining until I get my check so get used to it. 

I honestly don't have any idea what posting something to reddit would do.  Please explain the legal ramifications of you doing that?  Please explain how you would get a legitimate response from doing that?  Many on here have posted methods by which you could make a legitimate claim with regards to what is going on.  The national news sources have been contacted and run stories (i.e. Forbes).  I have pointed out multiple times to actually get this moved forward through the BBB, which you obviously have not done.  Quit being a "tough guy," and get off your butt and do something outside of posting here or reddit and expecting someone else to do the leg work for you.

I brought more attention to the issue and an article on Forbes was then written about it and a ticket was created. Complaining got me this far so I’m going to keep doing it until I get an update. I EXPECT TURBOTAX TO DO THE LEG WORK. I will try the BBB thing but I doubt it’ll work. 

@stahl1986 I ended up here from Reddit. Also tried the BBB, doesn’t really do anything. The BBB isn’t a government agency and really has no power. There are no legal ramifications there either, just FYI.

Contact with BBB provides you a paper trail for future legal ramifications.  I was directly recommended this through a tax attorney.   I was and have been directly in contact with the presidents office of intuit because of my BBB contact.  I assume you have as well?

What did they tell you?

Why don't you file a claim and find out what they will say to you? 

@stahl1986 Yes I got a response that I “ wasn’t affected by the issue and that Yes was selected by the user”.  It was not. So basically they said “it was your fault”.  When I go into the app that question is blank and yet you cannot proceed without answering it. 

The comment was in regards to BBB, feel free to read before commenting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies