turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Eric214
Returning Member

Stimulus Check Deposit

I filed my taxes this year and had selected direct deposit. However, I chose to pay TurboTax with my direct deposit, so of course it went to them first so they could collect their fees and sent me the rest through their 3rd party bank. Will I still get a direct deposit through them or will I be getting a check instead? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Stimulus Check Deposit

this question has been asked over 100 times on this site - as this is a community site, no one is really sure. 

The direct deposits are supposed to occur early next week, so once the dust settles on that we will understand more 

Eric214
Returning Member

Stimulus Check Deposit

The direct deposits started today. 

Stimulus Check Deposit

Stimulus Check Deposit

@Eric214 - if you read the links your provided and then the links within those stories, they reference back to April 2, when Munchin said the direct deposits would occur between April 9th and 14th.  But the link I provided is his updated guidance to Congress of yesterday, saying they would begin early next week

a close read of those April 2 stories was the expecation that they would release the money to banks beginning the 9th and then the banks would turn them over to the customers by the 14th - that is a lot of deposits to process all in one day - could overload some banks, 

vstar
Returning Member

Stimulus Check Deposit

Question...

I have had to pay taxes in 2018 and 2019.  Taxes were done via TurboTax and paid directly from our bank account.  It is the same account we have used for the past 10 years.  Years prior, we received refunds.  The question is...Will the IRS use the bank information to deposit the stimulus check that we paid from this year and last?

Thanks.

blongmuir

Stimulus Check Deposit

I am trying to find the same information. 

apc2080

Stimulus Check Deposit

after I put in my bank info on irs get my payment website on apr 15th, after couple days now it show they will mail a check on april 24 2020 to my address on file , why? then why thwy made this website for people to put in bank info? why do I have to wait weeks for the check when I have a bank account for the direct deposit I need the money now,

Stimulus Check Deposit

@apc2080 - probably what occurred is you got caught in the cutoff to create the paper checks.  they are to send those out beginning the week of April 24th in "income order" . 

I read that all those that have been updating their direct deposit info by April 23rd are to get their direct deposit by May 1, so you are actually better off at this point getting the check. 

paper check schedule: 

week of April 24th - under 10k income

week of May 1 - under 20k income

etc

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies