Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Second Stimulus Payment

Okay so I filed with Turbo tax for the past couple years. Bank account on file and everything. First stimulus deposited with zero issues straight to my bank account. All of these months pass and absolutely nothing on my end has changed. My bank account has stayed the exact same. What do ya know, the IRS is physically mailing the stimulus check per the get my payment tool. The irony is I look up above at stimulus payment 1 and I see the last 4 of my current bank account number. It’s almost comical in a way that they clearly have my correct banking info yet they’re mailing my check. Anyone have any idea why this would be? Is this something to do with filing with Turbo Tax? Did something go through Turbo Taxes account rather than to me? If it says they’re mailing mine can I still expect it to be direct deposited potentially or am I doomed? I’m curious what the deal is. It’s just so bizarre and frustrating that it’s literally right at the tip of their fingers and they blindly chose to mail it. I can’t afford to wait weeks for a physical check as I’m sure is the same with most Americans 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Second Stimulus Payment

Check the site again.  There was an IRS error.

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process.

Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way. We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Second Stimulus Payment

I appreciate your response but unfortunately this is not the case for me. It appears the damage has been done already. Nothing for me has changed on the IRS site. At the top it reads 

Payment #1 status we have schedule your payment to be direct deposited to this account on this date. I’m paraphrasing of course.

Below for the most recent stimulus reads

Payment #2 we scheduled your payment to be mailed on Jan 6 to the address on file

so they clearly have my direct deposit info on file they just mailed it 

Missy1029

Second Stimulus Payment

It's a generic response I got the same one

Second Stimulus Payment

**bleep**... thanks for pointing that out I should have figured. I understand there’s a lot of messages right now and these reps are doing their best but I feel like turbo tax should take the time to read these and look at what folks are saying and specifically respond appropriately. That’s a serious problem that they had my correct account number and somehow it still managed to get mailed out. I filed through turbo tax and I believe turbo tax is sort of a middle man between you and the irs in terms of deposits and refunds so I presume it was an error from turbo tax. I’m not sure. This seriously can’t happen again if we get another stimulus. I’ll be livid. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Second Stimulus Payment

We do take the time to ready every question.  Unfortunately this IRS error has impacted many of our customers.  What I understand is that when the IRS released the stimulus they used an outdated database of account information.  

I would continue to check the website to see if your status has changed.  Unfortunately, we don't have any information beyond what you have access to.  

This is the most up to date information available:

IRS Statement - Update on Economic Impact Payments

Payments on their Way

Second Stimulus Payment

Okay thanks for responding Catina I’m sure it’s overwhelming with all of the questions. Do appreciate you following up and clarifying. Is there anything we can do as a citizen to protect this from happening again on the following stimulus? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Second Stimulus Payment

Unfortunately, no.  I think the IRS acted to fast didn't have systems in place to be sure an error like this didn't happen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies