turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus

I NEED HELP MY WENT TO IRS TO TRACK MY STIMULUS AND THE ACCOUNT NUMBER I THINK IS WITH NETSPEND BUT WHEN I TRY FO CALL NETSPEND I GET A RECORDING AND THEN IT HANGS UP IM NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO , CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Stimulus

TurboTax uses the Santa Barbara Tax Group. They issue Green Dot cards. If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboDebitCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

To check what account was used, download a PDF of your most recently filed return. The account details should be printed on page 2.

Otherwise, click this link to verify what is on file at IRS: View Your Tax Account Information.

Stimulus

I never filed taxes and when I contacted the EIP just in case they was sending one that didnt find no information with my SSN

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Stimulus

If you have ever received a Stimulus, you will receive the 3rd at the same account.  If you no longer use Net spend and have no other accounts setup with the WIP you will eventually receive a check in the mail.

If you have never filed and have no income.  I recommend you prepare a 2020 return with no income but update your payment information so that the checks can be sent to the updated information.

To claim the recovery rebate, you must file a 2020 tax return, even if you aren’t required to file.

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Go to TurboTax.com and select the Free version.
  2. Enter your personal info.
  3. Select Federal Review at the top of the screen.
  4. On the Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount screen, select Continue.
  5. You’ll be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you should have received. TurboTax will calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you’re entitled to. This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

If you have no taxable income in your return, you’ll have to print your finished return and mail it in.

For more info on the recovery rebate credit, go here.

We know stimulus checks are important and we are doing everything we can to make sure eligible taxpayers get their stimulus checks. We have been working closely with the IRS and have confirmed with them that they have accurate banking information for all TurboTax filers.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus

The first 2 stimulus was in a check and thats when i added my direct deposit information when they was giving us the second one but the sent it to me in a check and now they put it on the card and now i cant find the card or the paper with the account and routing number 

Stimulus

According to the IRS, if you lost your Economic Impact Payment debit card can request a free replacement by calling Metabank, the U.S. Department of Treasury's financial agent, at 800-240-8100. 

@QueenBee1

Stimulus

I dont recognize the account number that my money was deposited to so im not sure what to do because I Never had a EIP card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies