Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NC14
Level 2

stimulus package - direct deposit

I'm assuming that they will use our turbo card routing & account # from your 2019 tax info. I hope they do thts how I recv'd my refund this year.

mkeyshawn
Returning Member

This is my direct deposit information.     Chime bank routing number is [social security number removed] account number is [phone number removed]

@mkeyshawn wrote:

This is my direct deposit information.     Chime bank routing number is [social security number removed] account number is [phone number removed]

This is a public forum.  Your bank information was automatically deleted from your post.

Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Jimbolya2

No. Last I heard if you paid tax fees through turbo tax they will mail the check. Very frustrating turbo tax is not answering this question. They don't want to loose all that fee money

@Jimbolya2  The IRS is giving taxpayers a chance to enter their direct deposit information.

From the IRS:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

So if you file your tax with H&R Block and you did direct deposit with your bank chime bank are they going to deposit the funds into my chime bank

@Shottamike23  Yes, the IRS will use the information from your 2019 return (or 2018 if no 2019 return was filed), no matter who you filed with.

@bluedeb i heard that April 13 the first payment going to start going out for people with direct deposit and May 4 for people with paper checks 

They are allowing payments to be put on the serve card that ppl received from Jackson Hewitt cause everyone that got a their refund via serve received a email stating that they would receive their stimulus payment via serve to make sure they had the card or to get a replacement card so I don't understand why it would be any different for any other card 

@Shottamike23 Secretary Mnuchin stated April 17th, but things can change.

On Sunday, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that the direct-deposit payments would be delivered “within three weeks.” He later followed up stating that direct deposit payments would begin on April 17. For those who do not have bank information on file with the agency, Secretary Mnuchin said that the Treasury Department will “create a web-based system for people where we don’t have their direct deposit they can upload it, so that they can get the money immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/usd1-200-coronavirus-checks-how-and-when-are-they-coming.htm...

That is wrong because I filed my taxes this year with Jackson Hewitt and they sent me an email saying that the stimulus package will be uploaded to that card. So the Emerald card and any other card from a tax preparer will accept the stimulus package

@Lleblanc30  I don't know what you are stating is wrong, but it has already been said that as long as the information about a card is correct & still active the IRS will deposit the stimulus money on the card.

I filed mine using Turbotax and I used there debit card and it has direct deposit information. Has the routing and account numbers just like any bank. I believe that is the direct deposit IRS is looking for. I will be surprised if they don't use that with the urgency they have to get the money to people who need it the fastest. 

Will the stimulus check go ontoThe Inuit debit card (green dot) I got when I filled my taxes?

I believe so. IRS says direct deposit information which green dot has. I used the same too and expect mine to be deposited there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies