turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vstar
Returning Member

Stimulus check direct deposit if PAID IRS taxes 2018/2019 - Will it work?

Question...

We had to pay taxes in 2018 and have to this year.  We have not paid 2019 yet.  Taxes were done via TurboTax and paid directly from our bank account.  It is the same account we have used for the past 10 years.  Years prior, we received refunds.  The question is...Will the IRS use the bank information to DEPOSIT the stimulus check that we PAID from last year and will ultimately pay this years?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Yes, based on information we have regarding he Stimulus payments, if bank information was included on your 2018 and/or 2019 tax return, that information will be used to direct deposit your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We (filling jointly) have same situation in 2018/2019.  Debit not deposit.  Have not received stimulus deposit.  Tracking this in separate thread as well.

UPDATE ... from the IRS FAQ ... I interpret this as those that paid taxes will not get their stimulus electronically without action.

Says:

Your bank account information for your economic impact payment is usually captured from:

More specifics from the FAQ:

A24. No, the IRS will not send Payments to accounts used to make a payment to the IRS. After you properly verify your identity, the tool will allow you to submit your bank account information if your Payment has not been processed. Providing your bank information is the fastest way to receive your Payment. If we do not have bank information for you, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file for you.

C-1

Had to pay in both 2018 and2019 doI have to send my bank info to the irs for my check.

How can I get a copy of 2018 tax forms?

Hello,

Your assertion is false. The IRS will use direct deposit information that is the result of a REFUND only.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies