turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MW901
Returning Member

Stimulus 2020

So I have been reading this thread for weeks now and I have came to this conclusion after research from the irs.gov, Santa Barbara bank statement and looking at my direct deposit from this year. On www.sbtpg.com it states “ The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.“ So if you had fees taken out of your tax return the IRS sent your tax return to this bank FIRST, then they sent you  a check for the remainder of your tax refund. I checked my turbo card and the deposit info states “FEDERAL REFUND.” Therefore,  Santa Barbara Bank played the third party role like a tax professional and issued you a check from their bank!!!! So your TAX STIMULUS WILL BE MAILED according to your income. I compared my banking info with refunds I have received dating back to 2015. Some I payed out of pocket fees, some free and some through turbo tax. The refund issued directly from the IRS is listed as IRS TREASURY. The tax return fees that I paid out of the refund stated “SBTPG REFUND” hope this clears confusion. I could be wrong, but after comparing data I’m pretty sure if you paid fees with your federal refund, you will receive a MAILED CHECK. IRS will have a tool for updating account info so I advise people to register preferably before your check is cut. Ok bye 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

Stimulus 2020

You will need to wait for the Treasury to set up the web portal for you to enter the banking information. If you did not have a refund with Direct Deposit, the IRS does not have your banking information. 

"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."

See more info here on the Treasury website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus 2020

I had fees taken by sptg and then the balance was sent to my bank. I recieved my stimulus this morning in my bank account 

Nt2
Level 3

Stimulus 2020

@MiaGF2 Did you receive your stimulus through your turbo card through green dot this morning?? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies