Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kevind2

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread

Thanks, just wondering if they are still direct depositing stimulus checks, seems most people with direct deposit I know have received them already.  Hoping I'm wrong and it's just taking longer for direct deposits. Thank you

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Yes, the direct deposits of stimulus payments are still ongoing.

The IRS has just launched a web portal which allows you to follow the scheduled payment date for either a direct deposit or mailed check. It’s an online app that works on desktops, phones, or tablets and doesn’t need to be downloaded from an app store, the Treasury said.

To track your payment, you must provide basic information including:

• Social Security number
  • Date of birth
  • Mailing address

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kevind2

Yes Thank you, I have been checking that. Sometimes hard to trust government web sites right now with all the chaos going on. Thanks again

Many of us have entered our direct deposit information using the IRS tool Get My Payment, I'm one of them. I, like many others, entered our payment info the day the tool was available and have not received a status update with when we will receive our payment. Its very frustrating seeing that others have received paper checks in the mail already or even updates that they will at least be mailed a check. Alot of us are feeling forgotten with no resource or help to why we haven't gotten at least an update.

sgoss

My wife and I e-filed earlier this year but about a month ago had to amend it through paper filing (they needed and extra health insurance form) and haven't heard back from the IRS. It looks like we are trapped in some sort of tax limbo in regards to our stimulus payment- technically we filed this year so they can't just use last year's return but they have suspended processing paper returns so they can't use this year's return information either. Any sense of what we can do to get our stimulus check or when we might expect it? Thank you.

I received my money on a Wednesday. 

Bobby89

I've just filed my 2019 taxes (4/23/19). My stimulus check is set to be mailed out the 28th, will my check now go to my direct deposit or updated address?

Yea ... that app keeps telling me my info doesn’t match their records !!!!! I got my tax refund in Feb.  

Hi, here's an odd one, regarding the Federal EIP Coronavirus Stimulus checks.
I've been carrying forward a big business loss for some years now. For whatever reason, it comes out on my federal tax return as a huge negative AGI. (Like, over $100k huge.)
When I tried to enter my AGI for 2018 so I could put in the bank information for my stimulus check, the software would not accept the negative number. I tried putting in my actual (pre-adjustment) income but got a message saying the numbers don't match.
I looked around on the internet and it seems that if I you put in the positive version of a negative AGI, it works. But I'm worried that if I put in this giant number, the IRS will think I don't need the stimulus--which I do. 
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

PS I was using the "Get my payment" stimulus part of the IRS website, and it asks for SS, DOB, AGI, and address.

Thomas1964
Returning Member

I have a negative AGI and the banking update information under the IRS.gov website will return an error.

I have noticed on line this is happening to a lot of individuals,

Any help?

I had a negative AGI, when I check the stimulus payment system it says I have incorrect information entering my AGI. I've tried using the negative, not using the negative, putting the number in brackets, putting Zero...nothing it will not go through, help? I'm locked out for 24 hours right now so I have 24 hours to figure this all out. 

Jlyoko

Hi! Was hoping to get some help with my situation! When the Get My Payment tool first came up I checked and it said my stimulus check was deposited into a bank account that is no longer open, and they did not have my correct address. To be safe I called and the bank confirmed that the account was no longer open. I hadn't filed my 2019 taxes yet and they only have my information from my 2018 taxes. I've since moved and sent in my new 2019 taxes with updated direct deposit information and an updated address. Will they update the direct deposit information and address for my stimulus payment? Should I be expecting it in the mail or via direct deposit? The state has already accepted my state taxes but the federal one is still pending. Will this have any impact on this?

Hello everyone! There are 5 members in our family: 3 children and 2 adults. And we didn't get payment 500$ for one child. How can we connect to the service and get this 500$, which we didn't get? 

@HeyEveryone wrote:

Hello everyone! There are 5 members in our family: 3 children and 2 adults. And we didn't get payment 500$ for one child. How can we connect to the service and get this 500$, which we didn't get? 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

For security reasons, a letter about the Payment will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within 15 days after the Payment is made. The letter will provide information on how the Payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the Payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies