turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Man this company sucks

After this display I would not be surprised you lose thousands of money for the upcoming tax year.waiting on my stimulas check and still nothing because we used your card system.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Man this company sucks

Why - because they use the same system that almost every other tax processing company uses - they all have the same issue.   It is the IRS that decided to use the tax return refund method to distribute the stimulus that nobody could have predicted in advance, and the IRS failed to test the feasibility  of doing it this way.   It would not have been difficult for IRS to look at it's data base to find out what they wanted to do could not be done with the data that they had.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Man this company sucks

And yet in knowing all this they took what steps to get us our checks? They can't say they had no idea about what was gonna happen they could easily try to do something to get us our checks in our hands right away yet are doing nothing.if they could take out fees I bet we would have had our checks a long time ago.

Man this company sucks

TurboTax has nothing to do with the checks - that is the IRS and the IRS does not discuses it with TurboTax.  TurboTax (and other tax companies) are not in the loop at all. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Man this company sucks

So I heard that Turbo Tax did not send any of our bank info to the irs with our forms. Or it could be that what they said was free actually is not free and we could be waiting for Turbo Tax to send our stimulus checks minus their fees of course! And you try to find a number to call to talk to a live person only to find out they want cash from you in order for them to talk to you!! If I find out that I am being charged for something that said it was free and I have not received my stimulus because it went to them first I really will not be happy!!

Man this company sucks

But we don’t have our money and other tax ppl do so it’s something wrong with turbo tax and I will never **bleep** with y’all again 

Man this company sucks

@Antwyne  wrote:

But we don’t have our money and other tax ppl do so it’s something wrong with turbo tax and I will never **bleep** with y’all again 

Then you should not use other tax companies either - if you are following the news.

"Customers who use tax preparation services such as H&R Block, TurboTax and Jackson Hewitt complained on Twitter and to The Post that they didn’t get their stimulus payments Wednesday."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/glitches-prevent-dollar1200-stimulus-checks-from-rea...

Man this company sucks

@macuser_22 You going back and forth help me don’t try and tell me not to go to other ppl it’s more than y’all 3 is you crazy help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man this company sucks

@Skittens wrote:

So I heard that Turbo Tax did not send any of our bank info to the irs with our forms. Or it could be that what they said was free actually is not free and we could be waiting for Turbo Tax to send our stimulus checks minus their fees of course! And you try to find a number to call to talk to a live person only to find out they want cash from you in order for them to talk to you!! If I find out that I am being charged for something that said it was free and I have not received my stimulus because it went to them first I really will not be happy!!

The issue is only if you requested to have the TurboTax fees paid from the federal tax refund.  The IRS deposits your tax refund into a temporary account at the third party processor, SBTPG.  The processor then deducts the TurboTax account fees and their service charge from the refund.  Then the processor direct deposits the remainder of the refund into the taxpayer's account.

TurboTax has no involvement with this procedure whatsoever.  The issue is with the third party processor and the IRS.

If you did not use this option to have your TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund, then your stimulus is being deposited into the same account that you selected when you filed your federal tax return with a federal tax refund.

Man this company sucks

Yes understood,yet the issue is they knew what was going on yet did nothing to try to get our checks on our cards.we don't go to the third party bank we go through turbo tax.they have to be the ones to work with whomever they do business with to get our checks to us.if they felt in doing so would not benefit them in terms of money.imagine now that alot of angry ppl will not use them on the next tax

x year how much they will lose.

Man this company sucks

@Zayden09 wrote:

Yes understood,yet the issue is they knew what was going on yet did nothing to try to get our checks on our cards.we don't go to the third party bank we go through turbo tax.they have to be the ones to work with whomever they do business with to get our checks to us.if they felt in doing so would not benefit them in terms of money.imagine now that alot of angry ppl will not use them on the next tax

x year how much they will lose.

TurboTax does not have the information and cannot do anything about it.  This is an issue between the banks and the IRS and according to reports the banks and IRS are working hard to solve the issue.    Many companies are involved that process refunds this way.

This is what can happen when the IRS rushes to do something without fully testing it first to work out the bugs and then try to clean up the mess afterward then it does not work the way they thought it would.

Man this company sucks

Why can people that put in their own bank info got their checks in? They had fees taken out also would it not be the same thing as sending it to the card?

Man this company sucks

AGREED. I spoke to a rep three days ago and she assured me the money would be on my card by today. NOTHING. I tried calling them again, but now they won’t even give me a live person to talk to unless I PAY THEM 30 DOLLARS TO UPGRADE. The IRS tracking portal is useless, too. Just gives me that standard STATUS UNAVAILABLE message and no way of continuing. 

Man this company sucks

I don’t like being lied to. Just need straight answers and am getting NONE. I still have no idea when, and by what method,  I’m getting the money. 

Man this company sucks

@macuser_22 no one else is having these problems as I know but TurboTax, my sister used her netspend card & has already received her stimulus check, my cousin used Chime and got his.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies