turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

strykerman
Returning Member

how can i fix this issue now?

I tried to do the stimulus registration because I am a disabled veteran, at no point did I realize I was actually filing a 1040, nor was I asked for an IP PIN, which is required for my SSN since my identity was stolen the last time I filed taxes some years ago.  I receive the IP PIN every year, but have no use for it, other than to ensure that no one uses my SSN unlawfully.

Either way, the return was rejected for E-filing, and the return for me to print and mail has X's marked in the direct deposit bank account and routing number field, so I can't even write in my account number manually, and since you use your own revision, I cannot honestly print a blank page 2 from the IRS.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
strykerman
Returning Member

I still have this problem...

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Social security recipients, veterans, and individuals with disabilities don't have to do anything. They're going to get a stimulus check whether they file a return or not.  They say you'll receive these payments as a direct deposit, or by paper check, however you normally receive benefits.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
strykerman
Returning Member

what is the purpose of the stimulus registration on turbotax then?

strykerman
Returning Member

Stars and Stripes, the govt run newspaper for the military and veterans, has reported that veterans that do not receive social security and have not filed a tax return in years will NOT receive a check in any form.

Still doesnt resolve the problem with a 1040 without my bank information or even left blank for me to hand write the account and routing numbers.

I need to get my pin because I have it and I can’t file my taxes 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@TPullings65 If you do not remember your IP pin, you can use the prior year adjusted gross income. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS by following these instructions or follow the instructions below on how to get your 2018 AGI:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
strykerman
Returning Member

another swing and a miss.  the issue was that I was never asked if I had an an IP PIN, let alone what it was, as part of the stimulus "registration."  I was also never told by this site I was filing a 1040.  lastly, when the e-file got kicked back by the IRS, the printable and pre-filled 1040 generated by ya'll marked out the direct deposit fields with "XXXXXXXXX" so I could not enter my direct deposit information by hand on the 1040.

For the first time in my life, the government provided the solution faster than the private sector.  the IRS, has

I don’t have my PIN number and I can’t file my taxes because it says I need the pin and how can I get my stimulus check 

strykerman
Returning Member

you might want to open your own question, this WAS one for someone who had their PIN, but was doing the stimulus "registration" because they havent filed in the better part of a decade.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies