turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trahurst
Returning Member

Does the IRS have my direct deposit information?

I already filed and received my refund via Turbotax but paid all the service fees from the refund. Will I still receive my stimulus check via direct deposit? I'm assuming the IRS will have my direct deposit information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

trahurst
Returning Member

I understand that and read it but it wasn't descriptive enough on whether receiving direct deposit from turbotax will affect me getting my stimulus check direct deposited as it's coming from the IRS and not turbotax.

If the IRS has your direct deposit information on file, they will be using that information to deposit your stimulus check. If they do not have that information, they are/will be setting up a portal where you can provide that information to them. 

Hello,

Your direct deposit information is listed on the tax form you completed through TT (1040 Form or any other).  If you pull your tax form, before your signature block, you will see your DD (routing and bank acct number); the same information the IRS has access to. 

Good luck!

cynditucson254
Returning Member

Looks like no one can answer this. because we paid for the fees through our refund return our direct deposits did not come from the IRS, but from a 3rd party. santa Barbara bank or something like that.

I can see my DD info on my tax return, however my fees were paid from my return, does this mean the info I see on my return is NOT what the IRS got since it went through a 3rd party bank to collect fees? If this is the case then why show MY info on the return in the first place? Also if this affects how fast I get my stimulus the TT has lost another customer.

cynditucson254
Returning Member

I am concerned with same issue, I paid for the turbotax fees out of my refund. my refund was direct deposited, BUT not from turbo tax or the IRS but from a turbotax affiliate 

cynditucson254
Returning Member

EXACTLY!!!! I even went on the IRS website to see if they even had my info from the tax filing, I did a month ago and the IRS knows I filed but there is no info for my direct deposit! paid the fees with my return like you did, my bank says it came from santa Barbara holdings or something. I will call turbotax and IRS on Monday and will post.

Hello @cynditucson254 

There are some answers on the Santa Barbara Bank website regarding the direct deposit. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Hello,

check the SBTPG website for some answers:  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Hello @trahurst 

If you would like to know more info about the Santa Barbara Bank involvement, if any, visit the link below:

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

My bank info is listed on my return even though fees were paid from refund. I am thinking this info is what the irs will see. But just in case I would update anyway to ensure they have it.

I'm sure you will not be able to get through to anyone next week. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies