Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Chasie411

Anyone who updated DD info get their Stimulus check yet?

I was getting the payment isn't available yet for a min and I then just got this one when I signed in today. If Screenshot_20200424-104245~2.png

U owe child support u will not get a stimulus check, if u didn't not file taxes u need to. U also need to give them your direct disposit info other wise u will be waiting forever for a mailed check if u don't get to update or file in time they are making u wait till next year's taxes but u will get it at some point.

Terry jackson
Returning Member

Why haven't i recieve a stimilus check??? I filled 4 da last 3 years.. My name is Terry Jackson. And i need it fast..  Fr_fr i was looking forward to a paper check.. But I'm not even in the system wit yea.. Seriously

Sadday

I have direct express card and i have not got my check yet. They said it will be today. Can u ask me why i have not got it yet

Hello I have tried and tried and tried and yes I will bash the IRS. The American people are suffering struggling right now. It's time for our government to truly step up and help us out. They have made trillions of dollars off our hard working backs. So now it's time to return the favor. The get my payment tool does not work for me hell it doesnt even let put in my direct deposit info. I recieve letters from the IRS in the past. So my address info is correct.

If someone owes child support, they will take what they owe & release whatever is left from the stimulus payments. 

I filed my 2018 taxes this year. March 28 20 .it said that it was accepted. I have not seen my tax return or to get any information from the IRS could you help me get me my money it's been more than 21 days

Also, I updated my direct deposit info as soon as the IRS portal opened for us to enter it & it stated that it was successful & they'd deposit the payments in our bank account. I still got a notice a couple days afterwards that we are getting a check mailed. I'm pretty sure the DD portal was worthless.

This message is simply not true for many, I assume. Why? Here's why. I filed taxes for both 2018 and 2019 but the DD info was not available to the IRS (still unsure as to why). So, on the 15th, when the Get My Payment tool became available, I entered my DD information and was told the following -

Payment Status

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number:

I have checked each day since and as of today Friday 4/24, this info has not changed.  I wish this statement -  "If you inputted and IRS accepted ur direct deposit info by Thursday of last week, u will have it by this Friday"- were true for me and for many others but it's not the case. Does anyone know anything else that's of use? Thanks for anything you might know.

Srcmike1
Returning Member

I too had the same problem with trying to put my DD in !

I entered my dd info for my turbo tax debit card that I filed with which is the same number that was on my tax return and it has had the same message since April 15th - you are eligible for the payment when we have a direct deposit date we will update this page. When I was reading online the treasury department states once you enter your dd info you will receive the money within days but that's not happening! When I spoke with turbo tax they act like they know nothing and you can not speak to anyone at the irs so how are we supposed to get this resolved every one I know has received theirs including someone in my household who updated theirs the only difference is they did not go the refund anticipation loan on the turbo tax card I'm so mad I didn't update the info with my regular checking account bc I thought if I changed it, it would take longer to get but it looks like using turbotax card sent me down a rabbit hole. I've used it for over 10 years but due to this experience I will not be using this service again!! I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever even get it I guess I will have to wait until the IRS opens back up who even knows when that will be meanwhile I've been out of work for over a month and need the money badly this is a nightmare!!!

You are exactly right. The statement that we didn't need to do anything if we received direct deposit on our card is false! The IRS portal said it did not have my banking information, even though I filed, through TurboTax, in January and got refund in February! Everyone who had to do this is still waiting on their stimulus. Not only that, but we are still waiting on a date on the portal. I think when we did this, we got pushed to the very back of the line or something, yet TurboTax is still putting out statements that if you filed through them and received direct deposit you do not need to do anything while unsuspecting people sit and wait and the IRS doesn't even have their dd info. It's beyond sad and frustrating that people are already getting paper checks while we still wait and are given info that simply isn't true. Sorry, I don't have any answers, you just inspired a rant, lol.

I got this same result... I've been waiting since the get my payment was opened. Plus I'm still waiting on my Federal taxes, They said 60 days review... It's past that date! There's no one to call... I'm pissed! It's MY MONEY & I WANT IT NOW!!! 

I put my dd information in on the 16th and mine say the exact same thing when I checked  get my payment app

Thank you for posting that. 

The frustration with TurboTax is that anyone who got an advance or paid their fees out of their refund DID need to go to the portal and give IRS their info. The IRS DID NOT have that info. However, TurboTax was and is still to this day telling its customers that they DO NOT need to do anything. Furthermore, TurboTax continues to claim that people who direct deposit with them will receive the refund without delay, yet for all of us who had to enter our dd info, since the IRS DID NOT have it, their has been a significant delay. We should have gotten our stimulus 9 days ago, but we haven't gotten that OR a date for when we might expect it. I'm really glad that your experiences have been great, but that doesn't mean everyone else's has, and they have the right to complain!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies