Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3rd Stimulus

The same way as previous two? The first one was not deposited for me at all, and for the second one only half was deposited!

Now you say I don't need to do anything! Are you sure you are an expert?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

3rd Stimulus

The terms of issuing the stimulus payments are being handled by the IRS.  Your best bet is to refer to the link below for guidance as the IRS issues new guidelines and instructions fairly often at this point in time.

FAQs for Stimulus payments

They have been trying to update their website for situations that are happening to taxpayers and at least providing some guidance as to what you can do or expect in regards to the stimulus payments.

@Nyctereutes

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jennifer7373
Returning Member

3rd Stimulus

Yes, I received mine 4 days ago by direct deposit. It was accurate.

3rd Stimulus

Update: apparently it is correct. I was basing it off my 2020 tax return (where i am now married) but it based it off of my 2019 return. Without giving too much info out. My AGI was just a smidge over the 75k and all i got was like $243 of the $1400....id like to see the gov't math on how the scale down from 75k to 80k worked.

DrewPeden

3rd Stimulus

We are in the same boat! Married June 2020, filed 2020 Taxes Joint in Feb. and only got half of the $2800. So frustrating!

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

The IRS is required to reconcile the tax returns and stimulus payments as well as working on the third stimulus payments due to the American Rescue Plan.  With the tax season and the changes taking place all at once, a delay should be expected for full payments. They want to be diligent and are required to follow any protocols they have been issued.  They will make any adjustments and additional payments as they complete the process.

Mnballard

3rd Stimulus

I received mine this morning but only half,  been married 10 years and have 3 kids,  we are missing a big chunk of ours.  We are well below the 150k for married filling joint

zdavid

3rd Stimulus

Same issue with me, I called the IRS and waited on hold for about 30 minutes, I told them that me and husband both made well under the threshold both years for 2019 and 2020 but we only got half what I understood was owed to us, we got back $2,800 rather than the $5,600 for a family of 4. both our children were on both 2019 and 2020 as dependents and both are under the age of 6. the IRS basically told me they had no information on how to handle payments that are short and to keep checking the website for updates. I honestly think it is a glitch in system. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

We will have to wait for IRS guidance on this.  This link continues to be updated as information becomes available.  This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ  

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

We do not know why the IRS did not issue the full refund amount. 

This TurboTax Help states:

Do I need to do anything to get my stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

The IRS says that the only way to update your mailing address and banking information is by filing your 2020 Federal 1040 tax return.  The IRS is making no portal available.

If your 2020 Federal 1040 tax return was accepted, we do not know whether the IRS will issue a third stimulus payment using 2019 tax information or 2020 tax information.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center as further updates are issued by the IRS.

RHouck

3rd Stimulus

I was under the impression that "Turbo Tax was working closely with the IRS to get all bank account information correct this time around" according to various news outlets. I just checked the IRS payment site, and my old bank account is clearly listed instead of my new account that I filed my 2020 taxes with, that the government or TT took my tax payment from. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

If your 2020 tax return has been processed and you received your refunds then the bank account on the 2020 return will show up.  Cannot show up if the IRS has not processed your return.  

joncalame

3rd Stimulus

Dear Turbo,

I hope you can assist me.  Like several others, it seems, we did not receive the proper amount in the last EIP3 deposit.  The IRS did not recognize our two children (dependents) under the age of 17.  I feel that perhaps this information was not properly transmitted by Turbo.  I wonder how I can address this, now that the stimulus funds have been received for my wife and myself?  Cheers, Jon

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

@joncalame

We are waiting for the IRS to provide us additional guidance on how people can apply for missing or wrong amount third stimulus checks.

Note: None of the three stimulus checks (or Recovery Rebate Credits) are considered income, and therefore aren’t taxable. They won’t reduce your refund or increase what you owe when you file your taxes this year, or next. They also won’t affect your eligibility for any federal government assistance or benefits.

3rd Stimulus

I only received half of the third stimulus amount today 3/17.  I also double-checked with the calculator and gives me $5,600, Married Filing jointly, plus two dependants,  but the IRS only deposited $2,800, and there is no information at all if there will be a second deposit for the same third stimulus. Also, this year, I electronically filed my return since Jan 31, it was accepted on Feb 12, but only the State  (Ohio) deposited their refund, but the Federal refund states "Your tax return is still being processed." This same status has been for weeks, and there is no way to call and talk to an IRS agent to find out the reason for this delay.

Does anyone know who to contact for this, find out if the TAXEIP3 will have a second deposit, and also to find out why my Federal refund is taking that long?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies