turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Offensive advertisement

Earlier today I saw an advertisement for Turbo Tax/ Intuit that I found to be offensive. During the ad one actor is portrayed as being so shocked at the wonderful deal provided that he spews a mouthful of coffee over the other man seated at the table. The man spewed upon doesn’t complain but merely mops the other man’s spittle/coffee from his face. The narrator repeats the “amazing” TurboTax offer and the first man again spews a mouthful of coffee on the second man. Again, the second man makes no complaint, mops his face again and eventually comments on what a great deal TurboTax is offering. I can’t imagine any person being such a spineless doormat that they put up with being vomited upon not once but twice without any complaint or retaliation. I am posting on this site because I have been unable to access a human employee of TurboTax/ Intuit regarding this disgusting, offensive advertisement.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Offensive advertisement

I agree with you that the commercial is offensive and have reported it to the moderators.   I find nothing one bit funny about one person spitting in another person's face ever---but certainly not in the midst of the covid-19 pandemic.   Thank you for posting.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Offensive advertisement

Good evening xmasbaby0,

I am glad that at least one other person agrees that this ad is problematic. I’m curious how you were able to even communicate with a human being at TurboTax. I tried calling the contact number and got a robot that requested my email address and sent me a message that routed me to information regarding my TurboTax tax account with no option to talk to anyone about the ad.   Regards, Leonidas480

Offensive advertisement

I find this offensive too.  There is no published phone number for public relations and a customer service agent will not be able to do anything about the advertising. 

Every January there is a race among advertisers to try to come up with the best and funniest Superbowl ad.  They try to do something that everyone will notice, and hope people like it.  There will be a segment of the viewers who will find that commercial hilarious and others who will be repulsed. 

I see that they covered themselves legally by putting this across the bottom of the screen:

Spray simulated. Do not attempt.

Offensive advertisement

Good morning George,

When these “creative geniuses “ were coming up with this advertisement I wonder if anyone considered audience response if the two actors had switched roles? As for the “Do not attempt.” warning; I can’t imagine a real world scenario where a violent physical altercation would not ensue if a person spewed two mouthfuls of coffee into another person’s face.

Toregord

Offensive advertisement

I see nothing wrong with the advertisement. It maybe that some viewers are just sensitive to content they do not like. 

Offensive advertisement

turn the channel, Karen

Offensive advertisement

Since you have seen fit to assign me a name in an effort to “cancel” my opinion, let me return the favor , Moron. I’ll turn the channel when I **bleep** well decide to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies