Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Moving from MA to Florida

I work for two jobs based in Massachusetts. I would like to take both jobs from Massachusetts to Florida, since they are remote. My question is that my part-time HR department only allows employees to be within Massachusetts- they say since they do not want to pay into another states taxes. My full time job is willing to completely switch me over as a FL resident. My higher management for my part time job said it would be ok to work in FL, just HR cannot switch me over to FL state on taxes. Is this going to be an issue for when I move? I would like to completely switch over to a full time FL resident: car registration, FL drivers license, etc. Will this be an issue for my w2 or for my part-time company? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Moving from MA to Florida

Florida has no state income tax.    There would be no state tax to withhold for FL, nor would there be a FL tax return for you to prepare.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies