teresamorgan0301969

Itemized comparison

Hello, 

How can I do an itemized line by line comparison to 2019?   There is a significant difference on the return amount and I want to ensure I am not missing something.

Thank you,

Teresa M

KathrynG3

Itemized comparison

The best way to see the 2019 Tax return would be to download the 2019 PDF.

To see what is in 2020 so far, follow these steps to preview the return if it has not yet been filed.

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select View Tax Summary.
  • Return to the left menu and select Preview my 1040.

If it has been filed, go to Your tax returns & documents and Show. Then, select 2020 to download.

Tax rules change from year to year. Depending on the rest of your situation, there may be a significant difference. For example, if one of your dependents turned 17 in 2020, then the Family Tax Credit of up to $500 applies instead of the Child Tax Credit of up to $2,000.

KathrynG3

Itemized comparison

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select View Tax Summary.