Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is there issues with second stimulus and Turbo Tax deposits?

You more than likely are not going to receive your stimulus payment because TurboTax messed up and they are not fixing the issue. The same happened to HR Block customers and they have a helpline and have been helping their customers get their payment. I would suggest never using this service again and file with Hr block. 

Bwilson0089
Returning Member

I know some people who used turbo tax and got theirs back already. Why is it different for others ? 

According to them if you haven't received it you will not be getting it.  You will have to claim in on your tax return in a couple of months.  Something about Turbotax setting up wrong accounts for payments, only TT though, not the other companies for some reason.

Xany

Same I filed with turbo tax in 2019. I’m still using the same bank that I filed with yet I haven’t received my 2nd stimulus. The first one i got with no problems now I’m starving, my daughters birthday is coming, bills need to be paid. I don’t have time for this I just need my money OMG.

Why is it that H&R Block was able to fix the same problem and issue payments to their customers and Turbo Tax is not?? Terrible business Turbo Tax! H&R Block is going to gain millions of new customers. 

Im using same bank account for more than 10 years with turbotax and im elegible for the stimulus check..theres no excuse from turbotax to said that im going to receive a check from irs when they didnt accept was their fault and did nothing to help us as their costumers as they did on the first stimulus check..After 10 years using turbotax let me tell you that you loose another customer..im not going to use turbotax anymore starting this new taxes season.. Cause You didnt help your costumers when they most needed.

And just gave us a total lie as an excuse.

cmo1037
Returning Member

Some that used TurboTax are receiving their 2nd stimulus because they paid the TurboTax fees last year out of their bank account, and did not choose the option to have the fees paid/taken out of their refunds. So basically what TurboTax does after filing on your behalf, is creates a bank acct that your returns go into. They then take their fees out of said account, then send the remaining return to your bank.

So these 2nd stimulus money was sent to that account TurboTax created, however, those accounts were all closed by TurboTax, hence, the money was returned to sender (The IRS).

If there are, indeed, other TurboTax customers who have received their second stimulus deposits already, then they would likely be those whose filing fees were not deducted from their Federal returns by way of TurboTax's fee processor, Santa Barbara TPG.

This would mean that the IRS has only one recorded method of direct deposit on file for those individuals, which is their own personal bank account; therefore, the chance of a mix-up is quite small and their payments are sent directly to that one account the IRS has a record of. On the other hand, for those who opted to have their filing fees deducted from their Federal returns, the IRS has two sets of direct deposit information on file: Your personal bank account as well as Santa Barbara TPG's account, which is where TurboTax has its filing fees processed.

Since tax season had long been over, TurboTax closed those fee-processing accounts and the IRS sent customers' payments there in error. This is where the mix-up occurred and it's why some people who used TurboTax may have successfully received their stimulus payments while others have not. 

The first stimulus payments were not routed through TurboTax's fee processor - they were sent directly to customers' accounts from the IRS (you can see this information in your deposit transaction details). Why this mistake happened the second time around is a mystery.

And is there anything that we can do about this?  It's really disgusting!

Unfortunately, the IRS has stated on its website that it will not make another attempt to reissue stimulus payments, because everyone is busy taking care of tax season, and therefore anyone who didn't receive their payment should file their taxes and claim a rebate credit.

20210106_182044.jpg

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-on-their-way-visit-irsgov-instead-of-calling

The direct deposit payments may take several days to post to individual accounts. Some Americans may have seen the direct deposit payments as pending or as provisional payments in their accounts before the scheduled payment date of January 4, 2021, which is the official date funds are available.

Paper checks also began going out and will continue to be sent through January. Some people will be mailed debit cards in January, and the IRS urges people to carefully check their mail. Mailed payments will require more processing and mailing time. Those who reside abroad will have longer wait times for checks as disruptions to air travel and mail delivery in some countries will slow delivery.

TurboTax claims to have revised its approach to this dilemma, as seen below in the announcement made on Facebook not too long ago. There may be hope!

Screenshot_20210106-212538_Facebook.jpg

After talking with the IRS after Turbotax decided to not be quite any more... According to the IRS, Turbotax is full of **bleep**. I know a boat load of us have been reaching out to senators, State representatives and other areas making it known that TurboTax has drug their feet on this all. And left many people in VERY dire situations. I hope the CEO , CIO and whoever else had a part in this sleeps well knowing they have **bleep** on a lot of people. And there are several class action lawsuits gaining traction against this group of incompetent money hungry asshats . Especially the class action of twisting people into thinking they had to pay for all these services . GG Turbotax and Intuit. Hence why your stocks dropped like a brick today, and if I had to guess 80% of your customers just went to H&R . Lol The part that got a lot of people was these turds trying to SELL their services while explaining about the tax credit that everyone is going to end up getting because of them dragging **bleep**. Evidently interest drawing and money making is more important than other people's lives. 

I received an email from Turbo Tax saying the IRS send the $600 stimulus to Turbo Tax and supposedly Turbo Tax is trying to resolve the issue. Well It doesn’t seem like it. H and R Block has already started taking action. I don’t see Turbo Tax doing anything. I want my money now! Turbo Tax will no longer get my business. When will this be resolved? This isn’t fair! 

**UPDATE**...in case everyone didn't get the notice from TurboTax. They actually did work along side the treasury and IRS to fix their screw up. According to them, within the next few days *fingers crossed 🤞🏾* they (allegedly) verified everyones correct account numbers and will be re-sending payments out for direct deposit. So keep an eye out on your accounts, folks. There might be a little light at the end of the tunnel. A little later than it was supposed to be,  but at least we don't have a 4-6 week wait for paper checks or just left in the dark tunnel completely. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies