Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is my stimulas getting mailed

At this point I just wanna know if my check is getting mailed or what.i can't look it up on the IRS portal because I used this turbo card.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

What is your payment status on the IRS website for get my payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

They don't even have my info.im blocked and can't get in.

@Zayden09 wrote:

They don't even have my info.im blocked and can't get in.

You must wait at least 24 hours after your last attempt to enter information on the website if you are locked out.

See this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's under Error Messagehttps://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#paymentnot

To ensure the information is entered correctly, please use the help tips provided when entering the information requested to verify your identity. If the information you enter does not match our records, you will receive an error message. Check the information requested to ensure you entered it accurately.  You may want to check your most recent tax return or consider if there is a different way to enter your street address. If the information you enter does not match our records multiple times, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. 

To be honest I've been blocked for three days straight I have not seen a different page when I go to check it.

@Zayden09 wrote:

To be honest I've been blocked for three days straight I have not seen a different page when I go to check it.

If you have waited at least 24 hours and are still being blocked then you may want to try clearing cache and cookies from your web browser to see if that will help you get back into the IRS website.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for clearing cache - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/01/26135

I guess I just wanted to know if there is any chance they are sending it to our cards at this point if we had fees taken out.

@Zayden09 wrote:

I guess I just wanted to know if there is any chance they are sending it to our cards at this point if we had fees taken out.

Since you selected to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund, the IRS sent your tax refund to the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.  The processor has a temporary account sent up to receive your tax refund.  The processor deducts the TurobTax account fees and their service charge, then direct deposits the remainder of your tax refund into the debit card account you chose.  Once the tax refund is deposited, the processor deletes the temporary account.

So now the IRS does not have the correct direct deposit account for your stimulus payment.  If they try to deposit the payment to the temporary account it will be rejected since the account no longer exists.  The IRS will then mail the stimulus as a check to the address on your federal tax return.

A similar example is when the federal tax return is filed for a tax refund with Direct Deposit to a bank account , not a debit card and not having fees paid from the refund, but the account number for the direct deposit is incorrect.  The federal tax refund is rejected by the bank and the IRS then sends the federal tax refund as a check to the address on the tax return.  For the stimulus payment, the IRS would also send the payment as a check to the address on the tax return.

This is exactly what happened when I filed my granddaughter's tax return.  She received her federal refund as a check.  And her stimulus payment is being sent as a check with a mailing date of April 24, 2020

Ok but if I had fees taken out and put my regular bank info would I then have got it? I know people that did the same and received it in their bank cards.

Is anyone else having this issue with there stimulus check status I still haven’t gotten my money. I enter my tax information from 2018 because the system kept saying my 2019 tax return information doesn’t match their system now I been gettin the same error message for about a week now.

We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.

Please come back after 24 hours and try again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies