Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting Started

I'm 24 years of age, and I still live at home. I'm trying to save for a car, but it's been really hard. I work part-time at a retail store, and go to school part-time also. I don't have any credit, so I now realize that it's gonna be hard getting a car, or anything else until I build some credit. I've been trying to put twenty dollars away here and there when I can, but recently my hours have been cut since where I work the winter months are kind of slow. On another note, I've also been trying to help a family member, and the little I did have saved towards my car has dwindled alot. What do I do? I feel overwhelmed.I'm sorry for the long post.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Getting Started

many  communities have self-help free classes on establishing credit and budgeting.  Check at the library and / or at your bank or credit union and ask them where you can take such a class.   Also ask what guidance they can provide on establishing credit. 

Getting Started

I've been on the turbo app looking at credit cards tryi g to decide which one would be a good fit for me, and I've even asked a friend, who happens to have one of the same cards I saw on here. I figured while I save for a car I can build up my credit as well because I'm not so big on the idea of having a co-signer for anything. Thank you for the reply.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies