Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Completely unable to delete Intuit account

Grasping at straws here as phone help has been unsuccessful and I was hung up on twice. Don't see a chat or ticket creation option. I do not wish to be negative, but really need some help.

I have an Intuit account (obviously, for me to type this) yet Intuit cannot find it to help me delete my data which was requested in November 2023. It was clearly never deleted as I got an email about my W2 being made available for import. Can't do that if the account was deleted now can you? 🙂

Is there any Tier 2 or next-level IT/Product support available from Intuit to help me delete my data? The account deletion page in the Intuit account does NOT function as it states there is no account for my User ID. Yet I can still sign in. My data remains, and I would like everything wiped clean.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Completely unable to delete Intuit account

TurboTax accounts cannot be deleted.   You can simply abandon the account if you do not intend to use it again.  No one can access the account.   The email you received was nothing more than a marketing message.  TurboTax does not really have your W-2.   You have to get your W-2 from your employer, and enter it into whatever software you plan to use.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies