Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone who updated DD info get their Stimulus check yet?

What happened 

I filed my taxes for 2019 electronically on 4/4...was getting the same message as you... on 4/24 when I checked it finally told me I was qualified to get the stimulus and it allowed me to put in my banking info..and then it said to check back for dd date. All this time I would check the get my payment and get my refund. Up until 4/23 my taxes said received but finally today it said approved so I was able to do get my payment. The IRS does 21 days to approve your taxes and I believe it's 6 weeks if it's mailed. Check the get my refund on the IRS site to make sure it's showing that yur taxes are definitely approved..

Me too but no deposit..still waiting...he was lucky!

That's the card you get if u want to borrow say $500 from your $2000 refund. The $500 goes on the card they give you and when you return is approved and released TT will deduct their $500 n their fee from you $2000

Intuit switched two digits in my bank account number after paying them to efile my income taxes causing my income tax to not being DD instead waiting weeks for a paper ck. They claim that they couldn't fix it for my stimulus ck either! I am contacting an attorney 

VZ13
Level 5

@MistressT 

Thats not true. Make sure you get accurate info. Ppl panic. 

WASHINGTON—In the second big wave of stimulus payments, the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website’s “Get My Payment” tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don’t file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department.

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29.

Turbo tax is the middle man to the irs. You may recieve a check but it will not be on that card, that is a tempcard. Put your bank info on the irs web portal.

Yes that's all I'm getting

VZ13
Level 5

@Branlorlamb 

Contact them. Waste $ on something every1 is dealing with. Thats super smarr. 😆

VZ13
Level 5

@Chrissy121001 

Thats wrong. The TT card/green dot is a prepaid card not a temp acct for direct deposit. Two different things. The prepaid card has an acct # & routing number like a checking acct. Only difference, only deposits are allowed in prepaid cards. No debit electronic transfers/ach

VZ13
Level 5

@Rmccall64 

WASHINGTON—In the second big wave of stimulus payments, the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website’s “Get My Payment” tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don’t file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department.

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29.

VZ13
Level 5

@Cbooker739 

VZ13
Level 5

@clhoney33 

Its not TT fault. Nor the IRS. Glitches happen. Ppl input info wrong. It was a super fast move to distribute as much as they did & not to come across issues is impossible. We are the test pilot. There was no time to test it out. Some were able to fix it, some werent. Some might finally get it in the 2nd wave. Maybe not. So much to know. Every day theres a new change to everything nowadays.+

Basically with happened from my experience Turbo have been handling this whole thing very sloppy because from the beginning or even when they were able to answer simple question about the turbo Visa card so that hundreds of millions of people could have had a way better outcome if you had fees or if you had an advance out of your tax return and used the turbo card when you go to IRS portal get my payment choose a different direct deposit information not the one that's on your use a different direct deposit information not the one that's on your tax return with your turbo card information cuz you will not get it there tax return with your turbo card information cuz you will not get it there even if they're both both the same numbers because what will happen is when you have a fees or if you had an advance out of your tax return what happens is when your actual return comes they first send it to a different bank to collect their fee and their Advanced first and then they send it to your card so when the stimulus check was being sent out that bank was rejecting it sending it back to the IRS and then we get paper checks instead of it being direct deposited to the turbo Visa card basically that's what happened to me I tried to play it safe and keep the same information that was on my tax return with the VISA turbo card so first it saying it was going to be deposit it today account Days Later saying I would get a check on the 24th of this month which I did get today so if you see this before you make the same mistake just put your own banking information instead of using the turbo Visa card information if not you'll get a paper check and hey at least it's coming in fast it's actually coming in before the actual date it says it would be mailed so that's good news on that part I hope this message came out fine I actually talk text it it was too much to type best wishes to everyone and stay safe

I been updated my info back on April 17 and I still don't have no updated info 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies