turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2nd Stimulus

I Have Used Turbo Tax For 6 Years.. Had The Same Bank Account For 4 Years.. Received My First Stimulus Perfectly Fine. The 2nd Stimulus Has Been A Horror Show. I Have Not Received My 2nd Stimulus, I Have Not Received Any Emails From TurboTax, And The IRS Tool “Get My Payment” Says Status Unavailable Which Literally Gives Me No Where Else To Turn To For Help. What Is Going On????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

2nd Stimulus

I completely understand the frustration. 
Update your stimulus payment direct deposit information if you've used Turbo debit or refund transfer. 

If you did not, please go to the IRS website FAQs

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2nd Stimulus

You may have to claim on your 2020 taxes.

2nd Stimulus

It says that i am not a person that has been impacted by the error. I’m not waiting untill my taxes to get my stimulus when everybody else has theirs. I have been a customer for 6 years but i will never use turbotax or intuit ever again.

2nd Stimulus

If you were not impacted by the error, then you can ask the IRS what happened to your stimulus.  IRS.gov - Get My Payment

2nd Stimulus

It Says My Payment Status Is Unavailable. I’m Being like affected by an error within an error.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

2nd Stimulus

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

2nd Stimulus

Same here. I.R.S tells me that my payment is scheduled to be mailed out January 6th and today I still dont have a check! Thank you turbotax.  Never again will I use you!

2nd Stimulus

Also TurboTax will not let me update any direct deposit information.. it says i have not been affected by the error.. Get my payment on irs says status unavailable Still.. i Received 0 emails. Still no Stimulus..

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

2nd Stimulus

TurboTax is continuing to work with the IRS and Treasury to ensure delivery of stimulus payments to all eligible TurboTax customers. Here are some reasons you may not have received an email yet:

• You were not eligible for a stimulus payment
  • a stimulus payment was already distributed to you by the IRS and could still be on its way through a Government-issued check or prepaid card or an upcoming direct deposit
  • IRS may be working on further solutions to send a stimulus payment to those whose payments were returned in the first round of disbursement
  • IRS has not provided TurboTax and our partners with enough information to process a payment at this time

Please review this article for more information. Is the IRS going to re-issue my stimulus payment?

2nd Stimulus

You Just Gave Me 4 Very Different Scenarios.

1. I May Mot Be Elgible (which i know i because i meet the criteria)

2. I May Be Getting A Paper Check

3. IRS is still working on solutions

4. IRS has not provided turbo tax with enough information

All I Want Is A FOR SURE answer for my personal situation. I’m Waiting On 4 Vague Scenarios To Happen With No Time Table. This Was No Help.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

Unfortunately, there is no way for TurboTax to determine the status of your stimulus check. It is possible that the IRS sent your check to the bank that processed your refund for your 2019 tax return. If that happened, however, the funds were sent back to the IRS as the bank had no other legal options.

So, your stimulus check was either sent to you or the IRS still has it. That being said, the IRS is the only one who can tell you the status of it. TurboTax does not have your stimulus payment and has no way to determined what the status of it is.

You can call the IRS at 1-800-919-9835 and they may be able to give you a status update on it. If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return this year, you can apply for the payment on your tax return and it will be included with your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies