Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tjb456

Product Selection

Turbotax is getting so frustrating by manipulating the user interface to guide customers to upgraded products. I have not had this issue before. I use Deluxe but got all the way to the end and somehow had Premium Live selected. I had to start completely over to avoid paying for Premium Live (of which I used none of the features). I started again and realized the reason was the way to software navigates you to select the upgraded versions. Its frustrating to deal with this after being a customer for 10 years. Moral of the story is to double and triple check the version, because once you select the upgraded version, your only recourse is to clear and restart your entire return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Product Selection

@tjb456 

Once in Premium, it's hard to downgrade, without starting over.

BUT

Live can be removed if you did not use it   (Always ask in here if you can't find the removal FAQ):

How do I remove TurboTax Live? (intuit.com)

As far as the Online Premium software is concerned...the most common reason folks have to upgrade, when they didn't want to, is they had a form 1099-B/8949 for some kind of security transaction sale for a Mutual fund or stock or bond at a Brokerage.....that always requires the Premium version.

AND...Never-Ever use a phone to prepare or file taxes...you miss too much stuff you would normally see on a wide-screen tablet or full computer....and taxes are too important to get right the very first time.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies