rickanania

Military Pay Exclusion for a reservist in the state of Illinois not working for state return. Tells me that it does not apply to my tax situation.

JotikaT2

If you are not considered active duty, your military pay may not be considered exempt from Illinois.  

Please see the attached link for more information as to when military pay would be exempt in Illinois.

Exclusions for Military pay in Illinois

rickanania

Thanks.  I checked that site as well and it indicated as a drilling reservist it should qualify to be removed from my state AGI.  I have not had a problem in past years, not sure what the issue is on this today.  Could be a software issue with the program.

DMarkM1

In the Illinois interview you will arrive at a page entitled "Here's the income Illinois handles differently."  One of the categories is "Military".  There you would exclude your Reservist pay.