Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Military member, I did not receive my 1095 A and where would I get this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Military member, I did not receive my 1095 A and where would I get this form?

DFAS, Defense Finance Accounting Service, will provide IRS Form 1095-C to all U.S. military members, and IRS Form 1095-B to all Retirees, Annuitants, former Spouses and all other individuals having TRICARE coverage during all or any portion of tax year 2021. You will not need to enter this in your federal return, it is for your tax records.

Form 1095-A is from the Marketplace for Affordable Care Act documentation to calculate the Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. If you or someone on your tax return received a Form 1095-A, they are required to be included in the return. If you only have TRICARE, then you would reply No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A to the question Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? and it should not require any attention at the IRS

There is currently no federal penalty for not carrying health insurance, although there may be a state requirement in Massachusetts, California, New Jersey, Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia. You may need information from your Form 1095-B or C for those returns.

To request a copy of your updated IRS Form 1095, contact DMDC, Defense Manpower Data Center, at (800) 642-1386. Use the integrated voice response system to request a “Corrected Form.” The 1095 forms come after the tax year, so the ones coming now are for tax year 2021. If there are changes in the laws for tax year 2022, that will not impact the return until you file next year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies