turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moley2195

I've tried changing my spouse's military status several times the past 2 days, deleted the document and re-did it, restarted the whole thing, the option isn't showing up

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I've tried changing my spouse's military status several times the past 2 days, deleted the document and re-did it, restarted the whole thing, the option isn't showing up

@moley2195 

Did you figure it out? 

The main military question shows up when you edit the individual's name in the "My Info" section....there is a whole series of questions as a part of that Edit...one of which is:

"I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)." 

Yes No

You need to say YES to that if your spouse was Active for any part of the year.

The next page after that asks whether that person....entered service....or left service..or were in service the whole year....then a couple more pages that ask for some other military details.

Now, if you were referring to some other Military question later in the program.....you should note that the "My Info" setting MUST be done first.  Later questions about Military income won't show up unless the Military setting in  My Info is set properly to start with.  

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies